Special Charges on Tax Bill
Recycling & Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
The Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Disposal fees for the 2021 tax year are as follows:
Multiple family dwellings of five units or more are required to provide and pay for their own recycling services. The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal fee for multiple family dwellings with five or more units is set by separate resolution adopted by the Common Council.
Questions regarding the Recycling or HHW fee should be directed to the Street Department at 414-768-8075 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm.
Storm Water Utility Fee
The Storm Water Utility fee for the current tax year is as follows:
For multi-family or commercial properties the fee is based on measured impervious area. Questions regarding the Storm Water Utility fee should be directed to the Engineering Department at 414-768-8053.
Delinquent Water/Sewer Bills
Delinquent Water/Sewer bills not paid by November 15th will be added to your tax bill. Contact the South Milwaukee Water Utility at 414-768-8070, Monday through Friday from 7 am to 3:30 pm, for more detailed information.
Other Contact Numbers
- Questions regarding the assessed value of your property should be directed to the Assessor’s Office at 414-768-8052.
- Questions regarding the Commercial Trash Collection fee on your tax bill, if applicable, should be directed to the Street Department at 414-768-8075.
- Questions regarding the Fire Inspection fee on your tax bill, if applicable (not for single family residences), should be directed to the Fire Inspector at 414-768-5724.
- Questions regarding Code Enforcement fees on your tax bill, if applicable, should be directed to David or Denise, Code Inspectors, at (414) 762-2222 ext. 143 or ext. 107.
- For prior year delinquent real estate tax information, contact the Milwaukee County Treasurer’s office at 414-278-4033 or go to the Milwaukee County Treasurer website.